MUTUAL FUNDS . INVESTMENTS   

Investment Articles

It is not a myth that throughout history, men have been held in higher regard than women. Men have often been perceived as the physically stronger of the two sexes and in early evolution when physical prowess and strength were necessary for survival, the man assumed the role of provider and leader. This hierarchy persisted throughout the centuries sometimes to the detriment of women and although centuries have passed, and much progress has been made, this perception still prevails, and even more so when it comes to money; the earning, spending and investment of same.

Published on: May 29, 2017

Author: Anna Chamely, Investment Advisor

Read More

Financial management has always been a topic that requires evenhanded attention whether you’re engaged, newlyweds or together for decades. For some this is a matter that is extremely sensitive, to others, a complete understanding with their partner. Wherever you stand, let us be clear, this article is by no means relationship/marital advice nor am I a guru on successful lifelong commitments. But, what I can say is that financial planning among couples will likely reduce the stress that surrounds money issues.

Published on: April 26, 2017

Author: Jeremy Lalla, Wealth Manager

Read More

The World of work is changing, and with significant implications for women. On one hand, we have globalization, technological and digital revolution and the opportunities they bring, and on the other hand, the growing informality of labour, unstable livelihoods and incomes, new fiscal and trade policies and environmental impacts – all of which must be addressed in the context of women’s economic empowerment. 

Published on: March 06, 2017

Author: Bliss Seepersad, Wealth Manager

Read More

How do you feel about New Year’s resolutions? Studies have shown that only 8% of people who make resolutions actually go through with them. The other 92% fizzle out one to three weeks, not even a month. Why? Put simply, the excitement of the season and the hope of a new beginning really puts some pizazz into the whole new year thing. People ‘over-resolute’ and make some pretty big promises to themselves. This could be both ineffective and dangerously counter-productive as plunging head first into a new ‘habit’ and then fizzling out will in turn be demotivating. 

Published on: January 31, 2017

Author: Anil Rajkumar, Investment Advisor

Read More