INSURANCE . RETIREMENT . INVESTMENTS
According to the US Department of Health and Human Services, physical fitness is described as "a set of attributes that people have or achieve that relates to the ability to perform physical activity.” This description goes far beyond the traditional interpretation of physical fitness, which is shredded physiques, small waistlines and little body fat. This interpretation could be further from the truth.
Over the years, heavily-marketed advertisements and billboards depicting models with classic washboard abs and heavy weights imply that fitness starts at the gym and there is no other alternative. Well we have good news, there is an alternative.
Though overlooked and often times criticised as not being a ‘real’ or a ‘serious’ training routine, the results of running show for themselves and many professional fitness trainers swear by this exercise as being simple, easy, effective and an excellent way to prepare your body for more advanced training routines.
Why should you run?
1. Helps maintain a healthy weight.
2. Burns calories; an average of 100 calories per mile.
3. Improves cardiovascular health and fitness.
4. Increases lung capacity.
5. Increases bone density as your bones bear the weight of your body.
6. Increases joint strength, stability and flexibility.
7. Boosts immune system and strengths your immune response to illnesses.
8. Strengthens and builds leg and abdominal muscles.
9. Running improves insulin sensitivity and helps lower blood sugar levels.
10. Helps you fall asleep more quickly and improves overall sleep quality.
Don’t wait till tomorrow to start, go for a run today! Join us at SHINE 2018 on Saturday 24th November, 2018 at Nelson Mandela Park, 4:00p.m. Register to make a difference at www.run2shine.com .