INSURANCE . RETIREMENT . INVESTMENTS
The Dry Season is here and has brought with it sunny, humid days with very little rainfall. Although a welcome change from the Rainy Season, the constant sunshine can have several adverse effects on your health, particularly your skin.
Today we have a few tips on how to protect your skin during the Dry Season:
1. Stay hydrated – Staying hydrated is one of the most important ways to care for your skin. Excessive exposure to direct sunlight can make you dehydrated and this results in dry, itchy skin.
Stay hydrated by consuming at least 8 glasses of water per day.
2. Using makeup? Keep it light – Excessive makeup and sunlight is a bad combination. Not only can makeup clog your pores but combined with sunlight can cause you to sweat more frequently, leading to even more clogged pores and acne. Tip: Keep your makeup LIGHT!
3. Use sunscreen – The Caribbean is known for its sunshine and this is where sunscreen comes into play. If you are going to be in direct sunlight, apply a layer of sunscreen on all exposed areas of skin prior to heading out. This protects your skin from harmful UV-rays and also prevents your skin from drying out.
4. Avoid exposure to sunlight – Quite simply, avoid being in direct sunlight unless you absolutely need to. If you must, make use of an umbrella to shade yourself as you traverse to your destination.
5. Consider wearing long-sleeve clothing – Although long-sleeve clothing may cause you discomfort in warm weather, it has the benefit of protecting exposed parts of your skin from direct sunlight, such as your arms. This is particularly useful for persons with sensitive skin.
Interested in a Health Insurance Policy? Contact Guardian Life of the Caribbean today at 226-6944 for more information.
Thanks for reading this week’s blog. Please join us again next week for more!